Around the middle of the 19th century, Pietro Clarici began cultivating olive trees on the hills east of Foligno, from Colpersico to the Abbey of Sassovivo. In 1874, he built an oil mill in the historic centre of Foligno and set up a complete olive oil production chain.
His son Domenico joined him at the helm of the company in 1897 and won prizes at all the most important world fairs, including the Universal Exhibition in Paris in 1900.
Over the years, the Azienda Agraria Clarici oil mill has been constantly updated and is still operating in the historic premises in Via Garibaldi. Only olives picked from the trees owned by our family, now in its sixth generation with brothers Pietro and Maria Elisabetta, are still processed here.